Katherine VanZanten is an estate planning and tax attorney. She advises and represents clients to ensure estate planning goals are achieved while evaluating both tax and non-tax purposes. Katherine also advises clients on business matters beginning with choice-of-entity decisions, continuing through ongoing business issues, succession planning, tax planning strategies and through the sale of the business. She also represents fiduciaries in administering trusts and probate proceedings.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of the Oregon and Washington State Bars
- Vice President of the Estate Planning Council of Portland, Inc.
- Board of Trustees of the Multnomah Athletic Club
- Member of the Taxation Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member of the Estate Planning and Administration Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Member of the Real Property Probate and Trust Section of the Washington State Bar
- Member of the Taxation Section of the Washington State Bar
- Member of the Business Law Section of the Washington State Bar
- Past Director of the Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington Council
- Past Chair of Taxation Section of the Oregon State Bar