Mr. Lorenz represents clients with respect to a wide variety of energy-related matters, including but not limited to the following recent matters:
- Represented the Public Power Council in connection with the negotiation of the Residential Exchange Program Settlement Agreement and the BP-12 and REP-12 BPA rate proceedings.
- Represented a large forest products company in negotiating a long-term retail power services agreement.
- Represented an Oregon electric cooperative in connection with creating and implementing a policy to process wholesale interconnection requests.
- Represented a municipal utility in connection with the sale of a hydroelectric project.
- Represented multiple consumer owned utilities in negotiating multiple retail power service agreements with large industrial customers including new data control loads.
- Negotiated pole attachment agreements for multiple different electric utilities.
- Represented multiple different energy producers in connection with PURPA sales and PURPA regulatory proceedings.
- Sought judicial review of certain BPA final decisions including briefing and oral argument before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a people’s utility district in connection with AAA arbitration of a disputed provision of a power purchase agreement.
- Represented large national public utilities in connection with generation assets located in the Northwest.
- Represented local community bank in connection with financing multiple commercial scale renewable energy projects.
- Represented multiple clients in connection with negotiating wholesale power purchase agreements using the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) standard agreement.
- Advised municipal utility in connection with various risk hedging transactions including a master netting agreement and financial transactions under the International Swap Dealer Association (ISDA) Standard Agreement.
- Represented a social media company in connection with power supply issues for its data center located in Oregon.
- Member, Oregon State Bar, Energy, Telecom & Utility Law, Environmental & Natural Resources, and Government Law Sections
- Member, Oregon City Attorneys Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers