Nikki Abercrombie is an associate in the firm’s litigation group with a focus on business and commercial litigation, probate and trust litigation, and appeals. She is licensed in Oregon and Washington and practices in both state and federal courts. Prior to joining Cable Huston LLP as an associate in 2014, Nikki was a summer associate with the firm.
Nikki has been involved in a wide variety of matters in state and federal court, including breach of contract issues, corporate shareholder disputes, corporate internal investigations, construction defect and contractor disputes, insurance and surety issues, eminent domain issues, and CERCLA actions. Nikki is also a member of the firm’s probate and trust litigation group, where she uses her litigation background to handle any dispute that may arise relating to an estate plan, will, trust, or elderly family member. Nikki has experience handling cases involving complex accounting and fiduciary issues related to closely held businesses, adult guardianships and conservatorships, will and trust contests, cases involving undue influence, and situations involving elder financial abuse.
Nikki has extensive experience in electronic discovery and complex discovery issues for high-volume document collection and review in both Oregon and Washington state courts, as well as federal court. Nikki has substantial experience in legal research and writing, including drafting pleadings, briefs, demand letters, mediation statements, and memoranda. She has first-chair arbitration experience, second-chair jury trial experience, and experience in depositions, mediations, and corporate internal investigations. Nikki also has experience arguing motions in both state and federal court.
Nikki’s appellate practice experience includes drafting briefs and assisting in preparation for oral argument in the Oregon Court of Appeals, Oregon Supreme Court, and Ninth Circuit. She is an active participant in the Ninth Circuit’s Appellate Pro Bono Program and has argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Oregon State Bar
- MCLE Committee, Chair (2021)
- MCLE Committee, Secretary (2020)
- MCLE Committee, Member (2018-2019)
Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section (YLS)
- YLS Board of Directors, President-Elect (2021-present)
- YLS Board of Directors, Treasurer (2020-2021)
- YLS Board of Directors, Director (2018-2020)
- YLS CLE Committee, Chair (2017-2018)
- YLS CLE Committee, Member (2015-2017)
Member, Oregon Women Lawyers (2014-present)
Member, Gus J. Solomon Inn of Court (2017-2019)
- Co-Author, Attorney Advocacy and Ethics in Arbitration, Chapter 12 of the Oregon State Bar CLE BarBook on Alternate Dispute Resolution (2019 ed.)
- Note, The Issue of Donor Standing and Higher Education: Will Increased Donor Standing Be Helpful or Hurtful to American Colleges and Universities? 40 J.C. & U.L. 321 (2014).