Prior to joining Cable Huston LLP, Ms. Barnes acted as Closing Attorney for the National Closing Office of a national title insurance and escrow company, where she closed multi-million dollar commercial and industrial acquisition and financing transactions in Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada. She also facilitated sales of closely held businesses, including both assets and real property.
Scope of Practice
- Preparation of documentation for asset based lending, real estate mortgage financing and closings;
- Preparation of development and construction agreements between owners, project managers, contractors and subcontractors; negotiating workouts and foreclosures on security documents;
- Organizing limited liability companies, partnerships, and other vehicles for investment in real estate;
- Negotiation of documentation for the acquisition and disposition of real estate;
- Section 1031 exchanges;
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions;
- Organization of corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships;
- Mergers, acquisitions and all related documentation, property issues, employee and shareholder matters;
- Negotiation of buy-sell agreements between shareholders and corporations; resolving disputes between partners; and the preparation of leases, contracts, and other agreements in diverse situations.
- Oregon State Bar Real Estate and Land Use Section
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Multnomah County Bar Association