Areas of Emphasis
- Affirmative Action Plans
- OFCCP Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Disability Discrimination
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Leaves of Absence
- Personnel Policies & Practices
- Preventative Counseling & Advice
As an eighth-grader, Mike McClory told his slightly skeptical teacher that he planned to attend the University of Notre Dame and that he would eventually be a lawyer. Mike did both. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1986 (B.A. in English) and from Notre Dame Law School in 1989.
Mike began his legal career in California. Working with several national firms, he gained valuable experience in the areas of employment litigation, employer counseling, and affirmative action/OFCCP compliance for government contractors. At the beginning of 1997, Mike moved to Oregon. He and his family have loved the move to Oregon.
Mike values collaboration with his clients. Through active and ongoing conversations, Mike’s goal is to help his clients find the right compliance strategies, to work through personal issues, and to minimize their involvement in unnecessary adversarial matters. His employment practice includes disability and reasonable accommodation counseling, termination/employee performance counseling, discrimination and harassment law litigation, employee/employer contracts, and affirmative action/OFCCP compliance.
Professional & Community Activities
Away from work, Mike volunteers his time in a number of areas. Currently, he is the Board President for the Oregon/Southwest Washington Industry Liaison Group. Previously, he served eight years on the NWEEO/Affirmative Action Association Board of Directors. Mike served as the Bullard Law Team Captain for the Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger Annual Drive to benefit the Oregon Food Bank from 2001-2015.
Mike also has been active in the Lake Oswego community. In addition to serving as a recreational soccer and basketball coach, he also has served the Lake Oswego School District as an appointed member of the Legal Budget, School Reconfiguration, and School of Consolidation committees. Mike likes to watch Notre Dame football, but to relax enjoys vacationing with his family, watching movies and reading novels.
- Following ADA Leave Decision ‘Huge Mistake’ Outside 7th Circuit – Society for Human Resource Management, November 2017
- $275,000 Awarded for Harassment Despite Employer’s Investigation – Society for Human Resource Management, January 2017
- Supreme Court Sides with EEOC In “Hijab” Religious Discrimination Case – Bullard Alert, June 2015
- Future Journal: 2013 Workplace Issues That Will Continue to Be Significant Stories in 2014 – Bullard Alert, January 2014
- Oregon, Washington and California Announce Minimum Wage Increase for 2014 – Bullard Alert, September 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court Narrowly, but Precisely, Defines “Supervisor” and “Tangible Employment Action” for Purposes of Title VII Workplace Harassment Claims – Bullard Alert: Harassment Update, June 2013
- Termination of Deputy Sheriff After Stroke Did Not Violate ADA – Society for Human Resource Management, June 2013
- Ask the Expert: Is There a Right to Telecommute? — Portland Business Journal, May 2013
- NLRB in Chaos: President Obama Nominates Three More to the Board; A Total of Five Nominees Await Senate Action – Bullard Alert, April 2013
- Paid Medical Leave Among the Bills Being Considered by the Oregon Legislature – Bullard Alert, February 2013
- Washington’s New Marijuana Law Should Not Immediately Affect Employers There – Coast River Business Journal, February 2013
- Employee Who Could Not Work Overtime Was Not Disabled Under ADA – Society for Human Resource Management, March 2012
- President Obama Fills NLRB with Recess Appointments – Bullard Alert, January 2012
- Marijuana in the Workplace: 10 Quick Hits – WRIPMA HR Annual Conference, April 2017
- New Oregon Employment Laws for 2016 Portland’s Ban the Box Ordinance – Oregon and Southwest Washington Industry Liaison Group, December 2015
- Summer Workshop: How Do You Manage A Changing Workplace?
– Bullard Workshop, August 2015
- Marijuana in the Workplace – Bullard Public Sector Symposium, April 2015
- Veterans’ Preference – Bullard Public Sector Symposium, April 2014
- “Supporting Our Veterans in the Workplace” – Bullard Roundtable, May 2012
- Employment Law Issues Related to Veterans Returning from Active Duty – North West Equal Employment Opportunity Seminar, April 2012
- OFCCP, AAPs and Compliance Strategies – Bullard Roundtable, February 2012
- Advanced Applicant Tracking Workshop: Learn the Tricks & Traps – Oregon Southwest Washington Industry Liaison Group Seminar, February 2011