Justice focuses his practice on business, commercial, employment and tort litigation. He has a broad range of trial and appellate experience in state and federal court. Justice also advises and trains businesses on employment related issues and has developed a specialty in marijuana law.
Justice’s recent work includes:
- Successful defense of FMLA, ADA, ADEA, and race discrimination claims;
- Obtaining invalidation of a covenant-not-to-compete contract;
- Successful representation of insureds and insurers in coverage litigation;
- Representation of clients through the marijuana licensure process;
- Successful defense of a malicious prosecution claim;
- Obtaining affirmance of trial court decision for property owners’ association;
- Successful defense of breach of contract cases, including misappropriation of trade secrets and bad faith claims; and
- Successful defense of adverse possession and boundary by acquiescence claims
Prior to joining Cable Huston, Justice worked at Quattlebaum, Grooms & Tull PLLC in Little Rock, a firm regularly recognized by Benchmark Litigation as the top firm in Arkansas. At Quattlebaum, Justice was selected as a 2017 Mid-South Rising Star in Business Litigation Defense by Super Lawyers, an honor restricted to just 2.5 percent of lawyers in Arkansas.
- The Ethics of Representing Marijuana Related Businesses, ARK. BAR ASS’N (Nov. 8, 2017).
- Scariest Things About Marijuana Law, ARK. BAR ASS’N (Oct. 31, 2017).
- Senate Joint Resolution 8, W. HAROLD FLOWERS LAW SOCIETY (June 17, 2017)
- The Ethics of Representing Marijuana-Related Businesses, THE ARKANSAS LAWYER (Vol. 52, No. 2, Spring 2017)
- Banking with Marijuana-Related Businesses: A Different Perspective, ARK. CMTY. BANKER (Winter 2017).
- The Effects of Medical Marijuana on Employer Drug Policies, US LAW (Spring/Summer 2017).
- Mendoza v. WIS International, Inc.: The Supreme Court’s Decision Makes Seat Belt Non-Use Relevant Evidence, THE ARKANSAS LAWYER (Vol. 52, No.1, Winter 2017).
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, UALR William H. Bowen School of Law – Alumni Association 2018-Present
- President, W. Harold Flowers Law Society, 2017-2018
- Board Member, American Red Cross of Greater Arkansas, 2017-2018